Dog Friendly Restaurants and Stores in McKinney
McKinney is a welcoming community, even to those residents with fur. Several restaurants and retail stores in McKinney are “dog friendly” places to let your pup explore (nose work), work on socialization, and reduce boredom. Keep in mind that pets need to be leashed, well behaved, and pet parents need to clean up accidents.
MCKINNEY DOG FRIENDLY RESTAURANT PATIOS
- The Yard The FAQ page states to bring the whole family “and even the dog too!” The Yard has lots of space and the original building is quite historical. It was built in 1855 by the Abbott family. The Yard was voted as the Top Restaurant Patio in the Dallas area by readers of the Dallas Morning News.
- The Celt In the 1880s The Celt was a brothel! Today it is an award winning (local and international) pub and a stop of the Legends of McKinney Ghost Walk.
- Blue Goose Fresh, handmade tortillas, killer margaritas, and family owned. The outdoor patio is large.
- The Stix Icehouse “Here, you’ll find great food and old-fashioned fun a no-judgement, come-as-you-are casual experience for family and friends and your furry friends.” The Stix Icehouse features live music, a state of the art treehouse, an open space for football or soccer, table tennis, corn hole, and more!
MCKINNEY DOG FRIENDLY RETAIL STORES
- Joanne Not just a fabric store but now a great place to take your pup, especially on a hot summer day.
- Lowe’s Is your pup going to help you with your home project? Then you both can shop for supplies.
- Canine Cookie Company Located in Downtown McKinney, the Canine Cookie Company features healthy, homemade dog treats as well as clothing, leashes, and other dog products.
- Hollywood Feed McKinney has two Hollywood Feed locations. Hollywood Feed is dedicated to helping pet parents make informed choices about the pet products they choose to use. From pet food to shampoo to toys, Hollywood Feed has a huge selection of pet products.
- Pet Supermart, PetSmart, PetCo are well stocked with pet supplies.
- Downtown McKinney The McKinney Square is a popular place to walk pups. Many shop owners set out water bowls and will allow pups inside. Just ask before entering.