To say that COVID changed the world is an understatement. Like thousands of other people, COVID provided Regina and Alan Miano the opportunity to reassess their professional careers. Regina’s background is in Consulting and Human Resources and Alan worked for Neiman Marcus for 31 years. What do two people who have spent 30+ years in the corporate world do when they decide to leave? Well, they combined their experience in Finance, Marketing, HR, relationship building, pet parenting (Leia is a Siberian Husky and Finn is a Yorkshire Terrier – Alan and Regina are self-professed Star War geeks!), and in 2021, opened Petbar in McKinney at the Southeast corner of Custer and Eldorado.
When I first realized Petbar was opening, I thought it was going to be a dog-friendly bar. Nope. Petbar is an upscale dog and cat grooming boutique.
With endless choices for dog grooming in McKinney, what sets Petbar apart from the rest of the pack?
- Clients receive a tour of Petbar
- Dogs have large, open runs and are not crated
- For dogs that are sensitive to noise, experience anxiety, or other challenges we offer to work with them before the store opens
- 16 cameras are set up throughout the shop with a video bank at the front of store that is monitored regularly to help ensure safety with dogs and staff
- Commitment to building a relationship with clients and their pets
- Bathing Memberships – Pet parents who subscribe can receive 4 full-service washes per month and unlimited use of the self-service bathing facility
- Petbar offers self-service bathing with separate wash tubs and individual drying rooms
- Petbar offers a valet service for pick-ups and/or drop-offs
- Petbar offers on-line booking for baths
- Petbar offers cat bathing and nail cutting
Q & A with Regina and Alan Miano:
Q: What is the most popular dog breed you groom?
A: While we groom all breeds; Doodles are the most common
Q: What do you enjoy most about owning Petbar?
A: “For us, the most satisfying aspect is developing and building relationships with the dogs and their humans.”
Q: What is the most challenging part of owning Petbar?
A: “Leveraging our niche to build and grow a business where there are at least 6 different options for a pet parent to choose from in a 3-mile radius.”
A: “The other challenge is finding exceptional groomers who can not only groom and understand a dog’s body language and behavior, but also know how to communicate effectively with humans.”
Denise James shares that her Petbar experience was “better than any experience I’ve had at a groomer since my previous groomer retired a few years ago! Alan reached out to me for a personal introduction, offered a tour of the facility, and recommended one of his groomers with experience in grooming Golden Retrievers. I met the groomer, we discussed my requests and she nailed it! My girl was gorgeous when I picked her up! The facility was very open and clean, and I love that they have cameras so you can watch your pup during the grooming process if you like. I felt like the entire staff cared about the job they did for me and my pup. We will be back!”
3041 S Custer Road Suite 700
McKinney, TX 75070