When you were in elementary school, did you love recess? I did. Park Crest Elementary had swings, see-saws, a huge submarine with two levels and perfect for climbing, and a rather large rocket ship with three levels and a slide! In McKinney, dogs have a great playground at the Bonnie Wenk Dog Park. Bonnie Wenk Dog Park is a favorite with McKinney’s two legged and four legged residents.
Attractions at the Bonnie Wenk Dog Park:
Pups will enjoy:
- Two separate play spaces for large and small pups (25 lbs. or less). Small dogs are allowed in the large dog area, but large dogs are prohibited from the small dog space.
- Splash pad
- Play pools
- Water fountains
- Large space fetch or running
- Poop bags on site
- Tunnels for dog play
Humans will enjoy:
- Safe gate entry system
- Tables and benches
- Mulch to help with rainy conditions
- Well maintained by the City of McKinney
- Plentiful parking
Dog parks can be a dangerous place.
- Often dog owners bring aggressive pups to dog parks resulting in dog fights
- Often dog owners do not pick up after their pets
- Your pup could be exposed to diseases or fleas
Bonnie Wenk Dog Park Information:
Hours: Daily, dawn until 11:00 p.m.
Location: 2996 W. Virginia Pkwy (just east of strip center)