There are numerous pet care services in McKinney. Top Dog Pet Sitters understands that it is a bit unsettling to allow strangers into your home to care for your pets. We know you are seeking exceptional pet care. But how does a responsible pet parent know they can trust their pet sitter?
First, let’s start with why Top Dog Pet Sitters was created.
In 2014, I was working for another pet care service in McKinney. At that time, it was the most popular pet care service in McKinney. I was shocked and disgusted by this company’s business practices. Pet visits were 12 minutes, yes, 12 minutes long! Employees left doors unlocked or did not even show up to care for pets! The business owner did not pay employees for all work that was performed. Pets, Pet Parents, and employees deserved better care than this. As a result, Erick and I created Top Dog Pet Sitters. We knew that pet parents in McKinney were craving a professional pet care company that would:
- Love pets.
- Respect a client’s home.
- Exceed a client’s expectations.
What Quality Control Measures Are in Place?
- Hiring Process. We have an extensive hiring process. By the time a potential pet sitter meets with us for a face-to-face interview, they have already passed several tests to see if they can follow directions and have a servant’s heart. We have been entrenched in the McKinney community for almost 30 years and find most of our employees through word of mouth. Regardless of how we find our TDPS Team Members, everyone goes through a background check.
- Meet and Greet. We require a Meet and Greet with all of our new clients. This is a time for us to make sure we are a good fit, review instructions, and meet the pets we will be caring for. After the Meet and Greet, a pet sitter is assigned that best matches not only the pet’s personality, but also the pet parent’s.
- Pet Care Journals. After every visit, clients receive a Pet Care Journal. The Journal includes a “report card” of the tasks accomplished (everything from feeding, scooping litter, and watering plants) and more importantly, it includes photos of pets so that you can see that your pet is happy and healthy in our care. It also lets you know that your home is secure. The Pet Care Journal lets us know your assigned pet sitter has arrived at your home and completed the assigned tasks. In addition, your Pet Journal includes the time your pet sitter arrived and what time they left.
- GPS Check In/Out. Our software allows us to GPS track all of our pet care visits so that we know when our sitters arrive at each job and when they leave.
There are a couple of reasons for this:
- We can monitor assignments to ensure they are taking place at the correct time.
- We know that our employees are safe throughout the day.
- We can track how far a pup is walked.
- Management Monitoring. Throughout the day, we ensure that requested services are completed accurately. In addition, every client has access to our phone number for immediate assistance.
Top Dog Pet Sitters will love your pet, respect your home, and exceed your expectations.